Sunday, July 26, 2015

Heading to Canada... by bike.


Twelve weeks of bicycle training is complete.  I've ridden over 1,000 miles since April.  Rode 230 miles two weeks ago to prepare for 350 miles this coming week.  Riding from Plymouth to border of Canada at International Falls.  It's a leap into uncertainty with some known quantities, which is what makes it a challenge. 

This will be a solo trip--no sag wagon or support.  I'm bringing everything I need with me--tent, mat, pillow (I need a little home comfort), one set of clothes and plenty of water.  I hope to find a place to stay each night and some good cafes in small towns.

My new Randonee touring bike is fantastic.  It's comfortable and handles a full load with ease.  A little slower than without a load, but perfect for a solo trip.  REI folks in Maple Grove have been a great help.  Love that store.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

congratulation your very strong Person