Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Day 2--Something stirs

The whole time that I was driving to pick up my friend John I wondered what it was that he wanted to show me. “Can you drive?” he asked when I waked into the cafe. “Sure I could drive. But where are we going?” I asked. “You’ll see.”

We headed west toward downtown, down Washington Avenue to Hennepin, turned right and headed across the bridge. Then, right again and parked. “We’re here,” he said. I looked around—“very nice” I thought.

As we walked inside John began to tell me about the building, how he used to office here with his computer company. Lots of shops and restaurants. Everything was light and airy, as we made our way around corners, into hallways that opened into mini-retreat areas and fresh gardens. Lots of open space. Very inviting, with the smell of food wafting through the spaces. But the store-front spaces were less occupied than the developers anticipated, I think. We rounded another corner and stepped out into a grand indoor park area and were greeted by a waterfall, bushes, and some tables with a few people eating and talking. To my right was a glass-enclosed meeting area. John pointed to it and said, “I thought that would be a great space to worship in.”

Yeah, I guess! Very cool. It was brilliant. And beautiful. I wanted to linger, but he needed to get back. And that was it. A mini-surprise of sorts. The image of the glass-enclosed meeting space captured my imagination and set me thinking….

John gets leadings and images, visions and words from God, that are mostly intended for other people, for the building up of the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:7). This one was intended for me. It’s a gift. At least, that’s the way I received it anyway. I’m pondering it in my heart, like Mary. We’ll see what unfolds….

No comments: